Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pulled Pork Sandwich


So tonight I tried my hand at Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches...they were delicious! So here goes:

Ingredients:
1- 2lb pork tenderloin (you can use a tougher meat if you want, but this was the cheapest for me)
1- can Dr. Pepper (or Root Beer)
almost 1- bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce(I used Jack Daniel's Hickory Smoked)
4- hamburger buns (I used kaiser rolls and it was good)
optional- salt, pepper, garlic powder

Directions: *optional* before putting tenderloin in slow cooker rub salt, pepper and garlic then with a knife poke holes in the top of the pork. Place tenderloin in slow cooker and pour soda over it. Then add a couple tablespoons of BBQ sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours (on high for 2-3 hours) until pork is pull apart tender. Remove pork from slow cooker, and pull apart. After pulled apart return to slow cooker and add the rest of the BBQ sauce. Put heaping spoonfuls of pork and sauce on buns and enjoy!

*When I made this the sauce came out really thin, if you like the sauce thicker use less soda. Next time I make this I'm also going to try using coke (probably coke zero) and I'll post how it turns out!*

No comments:

Post a Comment