Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chocolate Mug Cake

So I haven't tried this yet, but I completely plan on it!

Ingredients :

4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp chocolate chips(optional)
3 tbsp pecans/nuts (optional)
a splash of vanilla extract
1 large microwave safe coffee mug

Directions:

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add egg and mix well before adding the milk and oil. Mix in vanilla, nuts, and chocolate chips. Put mug in microwave and zap at 1000 watts for 3 minutes. The cake will puff over the top. Remove from microwave and allow to cool.
If your feeling nice you can cut it in half and share it a la mode ;)

if you try it before I do tell me what you think!!

1 comment:

  1. I tried a similar recipe and found it to be slightly dry - however I didn't have milk or egg in it. The melted chocolate chips throughout still made it delicious :) The best part of this recipe is making it in your office lunch room while other people stare in disbelief. The scent of chocolate it leaves is incredible ;)

    http://ialsomakecookies.blogspot.com/2010/05/making-brownies-in-mug-is-it.html

    ReplyDelete