Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chicken and Broccoli



Sorry I don't have a picture of this one yet, but when I make it again I'll be sure to take a picture of it ^_^
This I served tonight to my mom, dad and grandma with brown rice, but I'm sure it would go really good with steamed white rice.

Servings: 4

Ingredients:
4 boneless-skinless chicken breast, cut into strips(however big or small you want)
2 tbsp oil, vegetable/canola/peanut
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1.5-2 heads fresh broccoli, cut into pieces. or 1 bag frozen broccoli
1-2 tbsp soy sauce(we used low sodium), all depends on your salt preference
pepper
1 cup water with 2 tsp cornstarch(or flour) mixed in

Directions:
In a wok or large skillet heat oil and add garlic, let cook 2-3 mins, don't let the garlic burn.
Add the chicken and pepper it to taste. Cook most/all the way through. 5-8mins(depending how thick your chicken is cooked)
Add broccoli and soy sauce and cook until tender.
Stir in Cornstarch-water mixture and stir until sauce is to the thickness you like.
Serve with white or brown rice!

*I like a little spice =p so when I made it tonight(see pic) I added a pinch of red pepper flakes, and thickened with about a tsp of flour mixed in water, served over steamed white rice and it was DELICIOUS!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment