Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chicken Wrapped Asparagus

So I made this last night, it turned out really good. I paired it with brown rice that I made in my rice cooker, using chicken broth instead of water to give the rice a little extra flavor. Since this is my own recipe I only made enough for 2 servings, but it's not at all hard to double this recipe to make it for 4 people. So here goes:

Ingredients:

2 Chicken Breast
8-12 Asparagus Spears, I used fresh but you can use frozen
Salt and Pepper
1/2 -1 cup*just enough to coat the outside of the chicken* of bread crumbs of your choice (I did a mixture of Zesty, Italian and a little Paramsean Cheese)

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 400 F
2) Place chicken on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Using a mallet or large frying pan, pound chicken to about a 1/4 inch thick. Pat chicken dry.
3)*optional* Salt and pepper the inside of the chicken(where the asparagus will be place) or the asparagus
4) Place 4-6(depending on their size) asparagus spears on one end of the chicken breast, then roll and secure with a toothpick.
5) Dredge rolled chicken in breadcrumbs and place crease side down on a greased baking pan.
6) Bake for 20 mins, or until chicken in cooked all the way through.
*Before serving don't forget to remove the toothpick!

No comments:

Post a Comment